The Coffee Ride - Uganda, is a one-of-kind charity mountain bike event in the Uganda. Nine days of mountain biking through the Pearl of Africa with the aim to improve access to education for girls in Uganda with bicycles. The tour takes us from the Source of the Nile to the coffee-filled flanks of Mount Elgon, through the Pian Upe Game Reserve and the untouched natural surroundings of the Karamoja region. Ending with an authentic acquaintance with the Karamajong, a very colorful tribe that has managed to preserve its ancient cultural heritage.
- Cycle through the Pearl of Africa from 5th to 13th of October 2019 for better access to education for girls in Uganda -
DATE: 5-13 October 2019
ROUTE: In 9 days we will cover a total of 600km of red dirt tracks from Jinja to Karamoja. The beauty alone, of this ride, will motivate you to finish this challenge. From the Source of the longest river in the world, through tea estates and sugarcane plantation, crossing many rivers, climbing the hills of Mount Elgon, game viewing in Pian Upe Reserve and the dazzling beauty of Karamoja.
REGISTRATION FEE: 825 euro, incl.
- Meals (9 days)
- Accommodation (8 nights)
- Route and project visits
- Local guides
- First aid support
- The Coffee Ride T-shirt
- Free personal fundraising page
This is not included:
- Material (Mountain bikes can be rented with special Coffee Ride discount at Bikeventures)
- Travel & cancellation insurance
- Vaccinations & malaria medication
FUNDRAISING TARGET: 1,000 euro / 100 bicycles*
* 100% OF PARTICIPANT-RAISED FUNDS WILL GO DIRECTLY TO CYCLING OUT OF POVERTY UGANDA FOUNDATION. Fundraising minimums must be reached by 30 September 2019; after that deadline participants will be responsible for any remaining balance.
- Cycle through the breathtaking beautiful Uganda
- Meet the coffee farmers on the slopes of Mount Elgon
- Spot Wildlife in Pian Upe Game Reserve
- Experience the ancient cultural heritage of Karamoja and sleep a night with the Karamojong sheperds and animals in the kraal
- View the work of Cycling out of Poverty with your own eyes
- Meet the friendly Ugandan people
- Experience the wealth of flora and fauna of the Pearl of Africa
- Give bicycles to 10 girls who really need it for a better future